Company: BROOKLYN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
ABOUT THE JOB
The Social Work Supervisor is part of the Early Childhood Leadership Team at the agency that understands and holds a Trauma Informed Lens of systems. Their role at the Brownville Child Development Center is to help create an environment where reflective practice and supervision enhances the staff's growth. As part of the team they are responsible for supporting the purpose of the program, creating a welcoming holding environment for children and their families and increasing staff's knowledge and understanding of Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health. Through their leadership they are responsible for the provision of services, oversight of administrative processes, and supervision of staff in the Early Childhood Treatment Center programs, including clinicians, consultants and family peer advocates. This Position is located in the Manhattan
The Early Childhood team supports children and families and promotes wellness through collaboration, advocacy and empowerment. We value the diverse cultural backgrounds of our children and families and join in celebrating the individual family and cultural connections that we bring with us to our shared goal of collaboration, community and learning.
We provide compassionate, high quality, evidence-based services to individuals and families in the communities we serve. Our staff uses a culturally sensitive, family and relationship centered approach to help individuals and their families develop skills and resources to improve overall functioning, to instill hope, and to strengthen resiliency. Our programs work closely with community partners to address health disparities in our neighborhoods while also celebrating the strengths and resilience of our communities. This position is located in Brownsville, Brooklyn
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- LCSW or PhD in Psychology required.
- Clinical experience in an evidence-based practice model or program for young children.
- Two+ years of supervisory experience is required.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Creole strongly preferred.
- Individual, group, and family intervention skills required.
- Team-building, communication, organizational and computer skills required.
- Ability to work evenings.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- A Master's degree in Social Work, with LMSW or LCSW certification required
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience with similar population
- This Position is located in Brownsville, Brooklyn