The Instrument Fitter’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assembling and installing precise instruments that measure, indicate, transmit, record and control. Job duties include:
- Fitting and assembling instrument parts
- Installing industrial instruments and equipment
- Dismantling and re-assembling delicate mechanisms or electronic circuits
- Overhauling instrument systems
- NOTE: Pipefitters are NOT instrument fitters.
The summarized qualifications for this role are:
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience working as an industrial instrument fitter
- Working knowledge of NEC code and industrial work inclusive of civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation
- Must be able to run air piping ¾” and 1”
- Must be able to run ¼” and ½” stainless steel tubing
- Must have all tools necessary for bending and running tubing
- Must be able to read blueprints and P&ID’s
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be dependable and able to work as a team to carry out assigned tasks
- Capable of meeting deadlines and operating within budget and with a sense of urgency
- NCCER certification as in Instrument Fitter is preferred but will accept non-certified instrument fitters with proven record of experience
Physical requirements for this role may vary per job site and assignment, however, the generalized requirements include:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Constantly positions self to perform scope work, which may include hard-to-reach and low-lying areas, confined spaces, heights of 100 feet, etc.
- Frequently moves material, tools and/or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. and up to 25-35 lbs. overhead
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions (may be exposed to extreme heat or cold, etc.)
- Exposed to dust and debris (will wear a respirator, if needed)
- Constantly operate/use necessary tools, equipment and/or methods to complete assigned work
- Frequently ascends/descends stairs, ramps, ladders, etc.
Caliber Solutions is PROUD to be an equal opportunity employer.
Caliber Solutions is a premier instrumentation and electrical field service company. Founded on principles of experience and excellence, we are committed to delivering quality products and competent service with safety as our guide. From project conception, to layout of equipment, to planning of power controls routing and functionality, to installing all equipment, cable tray, conduit and wiring systems in voltages of 34.5 KV to 24 volts, Caliber is your Solution.
Role: Instrument Fitter
Apply for this job now.