LAW Absolute are currently working with a law firm based in Mayfair who are seeking a Legal Assistant to join their Residential Property Department. This is a fantastic position for an individual wanting progression and longevity within a supportive team.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 6 MONTH CONTRACT
- Deliver excellent customer service to clients and develop relationships with lawyers and secretaries within the department.
- Responsible for amending, updating and scanning of documents in relation to particular projects.
- Save documents to the document management system and liaise with the reprographics department where required.
- Produce Excel spread sheets.
- Take responsibility for submitting Land Registry applications including AP1’s and priority searches.
- Drafting of SDLT returns.
- Submit Certificates of Title.
- Call Lenders to check bank details and ensure Certificate of Title received in time for drawdown.
- Draft search requests and obtain quotes from searchflow for more complex matters.
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised to meet the varied needs of the department
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and flexibly when required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new systems and procedures quickly
- Organised manner with ability to prioritise workload
- Some basic knowledge of residential work and their applications would be preferable
- Proactivity and ability to take ownership of tasks with a "can-do" attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Calm and efficient under pressure
In order to be considered for the role, it is essential that you have previous Property Legal Assistant experience. Please submit your updated CV to #removed#
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.