Growing Real Estate Investment firm seeking to add an Accounting Manager to their team immediately!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for accounting, reporting and analysis across the entire business. Reporting to the Controller, this individual will play a critical role in helping the accounting/finance team scale their processes and systems to support the rapid growth of the company.
- Manage accounting team staff including 2 Senior Accountants, 1 Accountant, 1 AP Specialist, and 1 AR Specialist / Accounting Administrator
- Oversee & assist AR & AP functions as needed - research the status of payments, place stop payments, post credit memos, approve new vendors, assist with heavy workloads
- Monitor payment of utility invoices and work with accounts to maintain reconciliation of utility accounts
- Assist the Controller with the review of general ledgers and related reconciliations
- Assist the Controller with the preparation of periodic financial statements
- Review Bank Reconciliations completed by Accountants
- Review Capital Expenditures to ensure the proper reporting and adherence to company policy
- Manage chart of accounts and setup of new accounts
- Supervise and assist staff to ensure deadlines are kept
- Fill in for staff as needed for sick/vacation leave
- Manage vendor database and oversee filing of 1099s at year end
- Assist the Controller with other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 7 years’ experience in commercial real estate accounting with managerial experience
- Keen attention to detail & a demonstrated ability to plan & prioritize effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and perform multiple tasks; flexibility
- Working knowledge of commercial property management
- Experience with Yardi Voyager
- Ability to manage shifting priorities & workloads, work with project teams, & plan project scopes & manage project timelines to ensure deadlines are met
Role: Accounting Manager
Apply for this job now.