Position: Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Marysville, WA 98270
Duration: 11 months
Benefits: Dental , Eye Care, Medical
Shift timings: 8am - 6:30pm ; Monday-Friday and possible Saturdays
Hours will be 8am-6:30pm Monday-Friday and possible Saturdays. Client will train. Client need someone that is able to pick up heavy bags of product for the 12 bag check and enter info into computer.
- Review production line quality assurance audits and processes for compliance, completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure production line process control by verifying compliance to process specifications such as fill weight requirements, capping guidelines and check-weigher calibrations
- Communicate and train quality processes and procedures to production associates.
- Calculate, maintain, and monitor production minor, major, and critical defect rates via excel spreadsheet.
- Conduct quality investigations and corresponding responses to critical and major defects.
- Enter filler and check-weigher information into computer excel spreadsheets to calculate over/under fills.
- Establish quality rates by recording cases held for each production line and communicating to corporate monthly.
- Conduct corresponding investigations to root cause of HOLD.
- Report production line first pass quality rates.
- Complete supplier performance reports, communicating component issues to each supplier, preparing samples and maintaining a corrective action process.
- Maintain supplier database, recording and communicating monthly performance to corporate.
- Maintain and communicate quality assurance waivers as issued by corporate to entire facility.
- Establish rework sampling plans and procedures as required for the release of finished product being held as a result of quality related issues.
- Release finished product placed on hold as a result of quality related issues and communicate to facility.
- Obtain samples from incoming components shipments and check for specified attributes as required to address specific issues or new components as required.
- Computer skills in Microsoft word and excel.
- Must be detail oriented, with proven record of minimal work errors.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and tactfully, with all associate levels, across all departments.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritizing own work, while meeting quantity and work requirements.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to frequently walk through all areas of the manufacturing plant, on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work any/all shifts, to include weekends and required overtime.