CPP-Boston has an exciting opportunity for an entry/mid level candidate with QC experience and a background in manufacturing for our facility located in Braintree, MA. This position is responsible for the completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. CPP offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K with employer match, bonus plan, paid vacation and paid holidays.
Perform various duties including testing and inspection of casting utilizing various testing and measuring devices, preparation and
recording of various reports, filing, blueprint reading, ensure casting quality under the general supervision of the Department
- Move average to heavy castings to proper work area, following required procedures and customer requirements, inspect castings visually utilizing various measuring devices and prints as required.
- Perform various coding, marking, stamping for proper processing in accordance with prescribed procedures/specifications.
- Subject castings to various testing methods as required (pressure testing, magnetic particle testing, bubble testing, etc.).
- Perform necessary clerical/record keeping duties as required.
- Prepare scrap reports, discrepancy reports, incoming material reports, draw castings repair sketches, etc.
- Prepare information for scrap review by plant staff and Quality Control Manager.
- Perform quality control audits as required. Ensure all castings are properly marked and tested in accordance to prescribed standards/ specifications.
- Straighten castings as required, prepare castings for X-ray.
- Refer questionable matters to Department Supervisor.
- Place castings in designated areas (ex. Shipping, welding, or scrap) as required.
- Procures materials/supplies through Department Supervisor.
- Reports defective material/need of maintenance for equipment to supervisor.
- Maintains tools and equipment, maintains work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all company rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed
- Education: Vocational/Technical schooling strongly preferred
- Experience: Use of advance trades mathematics together with the use of blueprint reading, various measuring instruments.
With eighteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace & defense components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal castings, investment casting (superalloys, aluminum, steel & magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. Founded in 1991, CPP has grown substantially over the past 20+ years.
At CPP you will find a results-oriented culture and collaborative atmosphere that offers career growth options in several different areas of the business. With a stable business model and competitive compensation & benefits, CPP is a great option to consider as you look to make your next career move.
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. It is the policy of the company to comply with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Upon request, the company will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need an accommodation to fully participate in the application process.
Role: Quality Control Inspector
Apply for this job now.