We are OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm located in Norwalk, Connecticut. A client of ours, Norwalk Powdered Metals, Inc., is seeking an energetic and creative Product Development Engineer to support its growing, fast paced operations in Stratford, CT.
Founded in 1957, Norwalk Powdered Metals (#removed#) manufactures custom designed, high precision parts which include bearings, bushings, helical gears, compressor plates, pole pieces, gears, spacers and sprockets. The company serves customers in the following industries: automotive, automotive aftermarket, lawn and garden, locks and hardware, home appliances, industrial equipment and power tools.
The Product Development Engineer position reports directly to the President. Although this position is multifaceted and highly project oriented, responsibilities fall into three major categories:
- Assist in developing new parts for new and existing customers. This includes responding to and following up on RFQs, assisting with the quoting process and developing relationships with the customers' engineers, purchasing and quality managers;
- Support the Management Team with continuous improvement and corrective action projects;
- Track developments in customer markets as well as advancements in Powdered Metal technology.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and abilities:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Material Science or related discipline;
- 7+ years of manufacturing experience;
- Supervisory experience;
- Experience or familiarity with metal forming processes or other related fabrication technology;
- Ability to read and interpret part prints, specifications, statistical data;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient with various software including Excel, Word, Outlook, statistical software and AutoCAD or the equivalent;
- Experience in an ISO 9001:2015 (or equivalent) certified facility;
- Ability to operate independently and proactively;
- Ability to work with employees at all levels;
- Provide coverage for managers when they are away from the plant.
This position which has excellent potential for advancement. Some travel may be required.
Have we described a role that you have been seeking? If so, we would like to hear from you. Qualified candidates can either respond to this ad via this service.
Please provide us with a cover letter and resume. Also, please indicate the position for which you are applying as well as your compensation requirements.
NOTE: Submissions that do not include compensation requirements will not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/
Role: Product Development Engineer
Apply for this job now.