Growing real estate development firm seeking experienced Construction Manager with verifiable track record of success. We are a private company focused on buying, renovating, and leasing across the Cleveland area. Our company has renovated and sold over 500 homes since 2012 and we are on track for a record breaking year. Looking for an individual that understands how to effectively work smarter, and harder when necessary, to achieve company and personal goals. We are a group of very passionate real estate investors and entrepreneurs, and looking for a like minded candidate to join our team.
Summary of Position
The construction manager is responsible for ensuring newly acquired properties are repaired timely and in line with company standards, approved budget and project deadlines. This position reports directly to the Chief Operations Manager and CEO.
The construction manager is responsible for preparing and approving detailed scopes of work and budgets for each job. They bid out and hire subcontractors, manage all contracts, submit all invoices, track project budgets and conduct field audits to ensure that contractors are performing work per the contract. Weekly payroll sign offs are also handled by the Construction Manager.
This position requires a minimum of 8-10 years of Construction Management experience in Home Building or with a major Home Remodeling company. The Construction Manager plays an integral role in ensuring that our company develops a solid reputation for selling the highest quality homes and having excellent customer service.
- Responsible for Contracts Management.
- Negotiate the lowest cost possible costs (national production builder pricing) while maintaining the highest possible quality.
- Creatively source new products to help lower cost and improve quality/aesthetic appeal of our houses.
- Work with senior management to help determine spec levels.
- Develop detailed estimates for renovations.
- Develop detailed scope of work for renovations, including a schedule for each contractor on the job. Scope of work should maximize ROI on each property.
- Manage contracts for all trades and subcontractors.
- Bid out renovations, hire, manage, train, and terminate when necessary general contractors and subcontractors. Constantly recruit new contractors and vendor relationships through networking and cold calls. Ensure contractors are properly registered prior to starting jobs.
- Conduct field audits to ensure work performed meets contractual specifications.
- Strive to complete projects below assigned budget, and continuously seek ways to reduce construction cost and streamline processes.
- Update company property database and reports to track every detail of construction. Manage all paperwork and electronic files in a timely and organized way.
- Work with city housing inspectors.
- Anything else necessary to help the company meet its goals. As we are a rapidly growing and dynamic company, be prepared to wear many hats and go beyond your traditional duties when necessary.
- Minimum 8-10 years of Construction Management experience with a major home builder and/or remodeling company.
- Good computer skills, especially using Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate by sex, creed, race, or by age.
Send compensation requirements and resume for review and consideration
Role: Construction Manager Project Manager
Apply for this job now.