Adient (NYSE:ADNT) is a global leader in automotive seating. With 75,000 employees operating in 230 manufacturing/assembly plants in 33 countries worldwide, we produce and deliver automotive searing for all vehicle classes and all major OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process. Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from research and design all the way to engineering and manufacturing - and into more than 25 million cars every year. To learn more, visit adient.com.
Funcation: The Weld Engineer provides technical direction to the Welding Processes within the Lakewood Metals and Mechanisms operations. The role is responsible for improvements in the Welding processes. Project Manager for the large projects and launch activity.
• Primary Role is to manage large projects and launch activity
- Lead improvement activities within the Welding department
- Coordinate advanced training for Welding positions
- Manage the welding launch projects
- Be a resource for the welding department
• Safety is everyone's responsibility. Be vigilant in identifying & preventing any potential safety concerns
• Understand and actively implement company policies and procedures
• Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for the Welding Department personnel
• Coordinate and direct projects, make detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the integration of technical activities. Work collectively with the operations staff to ensure successful completion of these activities.
Summary: The Welding Engineer is responsible for implementing improvements that will ensure repeatable processes and quality. This position is seen as the expert within the welding areas. In this role, employees are expected to lead, educate and train the welding department on various welding processes. As the expert, the Weld Engineer is responsible for leading the implementation of process improvements and changes that ensure safety, as well as improve product quality and machine utilization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• 5-8 years welding experience
• Strong critical thinking and trouble shooting skills
• Solid understanding of an interpretation of process monitoring variables
• Ability to lead and train others in the welding department
• Excellent and effective communication skills. Ability to talk technically about process and products to ensure the right information is communicated.
• Ability to create technical documentation
Role: Weld Engineer
Apply for this job now.