Job Title: Devops Engineer - Part time opportunities also available
Location: Greater Manchester
We're growing our technical teams across the business on a number of projects and as an inclusive employer, we'll consider a number of flexible working arrangement and/or part time hours. If you are interested then please outline what you would be looking for on application and we'll call you to discuss. Generally any part time hours considered would be c18-32 hours per working week
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our Cyber Centre based in Greater Manchester. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and management skills. Main duties of the position
Basic Objective: To design, develop and maintain applications and systems, to rapidly prototype designs and to deploy and maintain these systems in a public or private cloud.
Candidate Requirements Essential Skills
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Responsible for reviewing team members deliverables and providing feedback & guidance
- Support Estimation Activities
- Supporting technical planning and management meetings
Desirable skills (any of the following)
- Working and deploying with cloud technologies: AWS or Azure including infrastructure as code (e.g. terraform)
- Docker / ECS / AKS / Kubernetes / Helm containerisation and orchestration
- Puppet / Chef / CI pipelines
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
Degree in Numerate Subject essential or evidence of ongoing professional development. Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role. Standard Benefits:
Raytheon Application Process
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible from 18-32 hour working week for a positive work-life balance
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- An early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
To apply visit the link to the website
# Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers' critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today. About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers. Security
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit -
Role: Raytheon Technologies moves the world forward and our employees make it possible.
Job Type: Permanent , Part Time
Location: Manchester, England, England
Apply for this job now.