Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit SEN teaching assistants for an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' primary school in West London. The school has two sites in Ealing for pupils across Early Years to KS2 with autism spectrum condition (ASC) and profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD).
The position would be well suited for SEN TAs with experience supporting severe autism, graduates with SEN support experience or those with care/carer backgrounds.
The school incorporate a cross curricular, interactive, child centred and topic-based approach to learning and use resources such as PECS, TEACCH and Makaton for pupils who are non-verbal.
In addition to learning, the school offers support through a range of therapy including play therapy, physiotherapy, occupational health therapy and speech and language therapy. With pupils having severe learning and physical difficulties all staff are expected to support children with personal care (toileting support) or moving and handling.
The school are looking for daily cover (bank/ad-hoc) staff for the summer term who could potentially continue full-time in September 2021.
What we will offer:
- Daily pay rates from £70+ dependant on experience
- Pay weekly through PAYE
- Fantastic in-house training opportunities (Makaton, PECS, Team Teach and Intensive Interaction)
- Excellent career progression and permanent opportunities
- Dedicated support from an experienced consultant in interview and trial preparation
As a successful candidate you MUST have:
- SEN support experience whether through paid work, placement, volunteering, care work or personal experience
- Either experience or a willingness to support with personal care and moving and handling
- Availability for immediate daily cover (bank/ad-hoc) work 8:30am-3:45pm Monday to Friday and potentially full-time in September 2021
- A positive and nurturing approach to education support
- Experience with physiotherapy or using resources such as PECS, Makaton or TEACCH is highly desirable but not essential
To apply for this position, you MUST be able to provide:
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- 2 proofs of address
- Be able to provide 2 reference contact details
- DBS check (on the update service) or willing to complete a new DBS
If you think you'd be a great match for this role, please apply here or email Rachel on rachel.rocco-#removed# if you would like to chat further about the role.
I look forward to receiving your application!