Part time, year-round, work from home (anywhere in the U.S.), flexible hours, $200-300/return, ideal for stay-at-home mom with kids in school during the day. We will get you set up in the income tax preparation business. This should be seen as supplement to your current job as well as a seasonal second job.
There are no upfront costs.
Required (in this order):
- 2+ years 1040 prep experience,
- Must have a computer, printer and internet access
- average Excel skills,
- self-starter who takes initiative and can work independently without supervision,
- ability to research online & interpret tax laws,
- fast learner,
- creative problem solver,
- experience working directly with tax clients and business owners,
- fluent in tax-speak,
- ability to multi-task at a fast pace & handle shifting priorities,
- willing to work long hours at peak times (tax deadlines),
- familiarity with payroll taxes.
Desired but not required:
- Familiarity with Drake tax software,
- Experience working in a CPA (or law firm) in the tax division, or
- 3+ years work experience at H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, Liberty Tax service (or equivalent),
- CPA or EA Candidate
- If you've ever thought of having your own year-round home-based business in the recession-proof tax-prep / tax planning industry, I can equip you with the skills, training & hands-on experience to get there (including marketing and business development strategies). You will also learn how to stay ahead of the technology curve (since tax prep will become more and more automated by machine learning, artificial intelligence, blockchain, etc.) My business is growing rapidly.
What the Ideal Candidate Looks Like:
- Hyper-detailed with a keen focus on meeting deadlines.
- Possesses a very positive “can do” attitude with a strong sense of urgency to get things done.
- Has the ability to manage multiple priorities with a seasoned sense of when and how to re-prioritize.
- Is absolutely stoked by seeing initiatives he/she has suggested come to fruition.
- Is very curious and has a sense of humility.
- You’re a self-starter who can take initiative and run with the ball without having to be told what to do and you love analyzing seemingly intractable problems and devising creative solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Prepare and transmit income tax returns.
5 Key Attributes We Look For:
- Quickly Engages - Attacks projects immediately, doing just the right amount of planning to avoid analysis paralysis, constantly pushing and maintaining high intensity.
- Takes Ownership - Takes personal responsibility for projects due to a deep sense of pride, going the extra mile, constantly surprising, solving problems proactively.
- Produces Results - Prioritizes work based on what’s most impactful to company, while deftly cycling through tasks to produce the most meaningful results the fastest.
- Relentlessly Persists - Embraces get-it-done attitude, relentlessly attacks problems at different angles until something works, staying resilient until the task is done.
- Collaborates Smoothly - Gels well within or across teams, respecting others, communicating candidly, no hidden agendas, coordinating effectively so things get done faster.
What You'll Enjoy from Us:
- Performance Based Compensation - Cash compensation based on the number of returns you process. Availability to recruit other preparers and receive commissions off their production.
- Work-from-Home Flexibility - A fantastic lifestyle that allows you to work from home, have flexible hours when needed with ability to carve out time to do what you love.
- Curated Team - Peace of mind knowing we only recruit high-performing, humble people and that you’ll be surrounded by a supportive, high-energy team that respects you and your work.
Working from home, you will prepare and transmit income tax returns for your client. For clients that receive refunds you can offer them the option of receiving their actual refund in 2-6 weeks or receive Refund Advance loans in 1 day up to $5000. You can earn $200-$300 per return and have the option to recruit other tax preparers in your area and receive commissions off their production. This job should be seen as one that will supplement your current job.
Role: Tax Preparer
Apply for this job now.