Title: Interim Housing Security Officer Division: HOPICS
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Full-time Supervisor: Security Program Supervisor
Pay Range or Rate: TBD Revised: Aug 6, 2020
Under the direction of the SSG Division Director, Associate Directors and/or Security Program Manager, the Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of the staff and clients at the HOPICS Site(s). This function includes but is not limited to: coordination of client flow, security of staff in office, security of clients in office, recommendations and management of security needs, relationship development with local law enforcement, crisis management in office, and verbal and/or written documentation of incidents as needed, and other tasks assigned by the Program Director/Program Manager.
documentation of incidents as needed, and other tasks assigned by the Program Director/Program Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interact with and monitor resident behavior and maintain good rapport by providing excellent customer service. Encourage residents to comply with facility policy, procedures and the participant agreement.
- Control access at the main entrance by screening all residents, and visitors, utilizing hand held metal detector to detect and prevent weapons from entering the site.
- Control access at the main entrance by screening all residents, visitors and staff for COVID-19 Compliance, utilizing hand held thermometers and recording temperatures as directed by management.
- Perform Crisis Intervention to de-escalate potential crisis situations and document all such situations and interventions.
- Make hourly rounds throughout entire facility including all hallways, storage spaces, sleeping quarters, smoking areas, bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchen, and office spaces.
- Complete logs, DAILY Activity Reports, Incident Reports and all other required documentation before end of every shift.
- Make calls to police, fire department and other first responders as directed.
- Shall immediately notify the Program Manager and the Security Manager of all emergencies, safety concerns, unusual activities, late arrivals and refusal to follow the participant agreement.
- Perform administrative and receptionist duties at the operations desk; monitor video surveillance cameras, and fire prevention / detection alarm notification system.
- Provide duties related to fire, evacuation of the building when necessary, utilizing SSG Emergency Evacuation Planning procedure.
- Shall ensure that all clothing items have been Hot Boxed before allowing, items inside the facility.
- Ensure the safety, and security of all assigned equipment.
- Knowledgeable of SSG Emergency Notification Codes and a thorough understanding of how to react doing emergency situations.
- Shall stay at assigned post until properly relieved.
- Shall ensure to follow all Safety Measures pertaining to COV-19 by wearing proper protective equipment, bi monthly testing and following all safety protocols.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate key control on assigned shift.
- Attend Safety Meetings, All Staff Meetings and Trainings outside of normal working hours.
- Assist with Safety Trainings, Site Walk Troughs for new hires and Security Presentations.
- Perform routine bed and welfare checks to ensure residents safety.
- Ensure to enforce no weapons policy, keeping count and not allowing unauthorized items into the facility.
- Ensure that resident's unauthorized items are either placed in their amnesty box or removed from the site by the resident.
- Responsible for initiating work order requests for the prevention of any unsafe security related issue.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries; and adhere to SSG's Code of Ethics and HOPICS' Core Values.
- Shall maintain HIPPA and Confidentiality at all times.
- Shall become familiar with programs and all services provided by the organization.
- Ensure contact information (personal cell phone numbers) for all staff and residents is accurate for emergency purposes only.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Management or the Divisional Director.
- Minimum Qualifications- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Minimum of two years' experience in the security field. Proficiency in English language is required. Valid and current Guard Card from the California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services is required. Certified in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) preferred. High School Diploma or GED equivalent or equivalent work experience. Verification of Employment Eligibility and Background Check is required. TB test required (Note: Results may not be more than (3) months prior to or (7) days after date of hire and renewed annually thereafter.) CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of employment with company. California Driver License, Proof of Car Insurance, Reliable transportation. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally. Ability to organize and implement services. Ability to work with clients from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Verification of Employment Eligibility and Background Check. Critical thinking and problem solving skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to relate to staff and clients of a variety of cultures, languages and educational backgrounds .Complete an Naloxone training course. Handcuffing, Mace and a Baton License or certification completed by first year of employment. Must be able to work flexible shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary.
Non-Essential Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bilingual-Spanish preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. AA degree preferred. Non-violent crisis intervention training and conflict resolution training a plus.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
Job duties are to be performed both in office and field settings. Individual is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, noise level is usually minimal, exposed to aggressive clients, and an office environment.
Typically spends time sitting, standing, walking, driving, carry a maximum of 50 lbs., listening, and speaking in order to complete job requirements.
Must be able to handle any/all of the following: constant distractions, interruptions, uncontrollable changes in priorities/work schedules; be able to process information, think, and conceptualize.
I have been given a copy of this Job Description. I understand that I may be asked to perform duties not listed on the description and that management may change this position description at any time, according to Agency needs.
Special Service for Groups is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Powered by JazzHR