PROJECT COORDINATOR - JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: VP OF OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT: OPERATIONS
DATE: MAY 2018
Industry: Furniture Products within the Hospitality/Contract business (Residential as needed)
Brand Focus: WALTERS, Manutti, Ethimo, The Wicker Works
The Project Coordinator position must provide a high level of technical support to assist in meeting internal and external deliverables, goals and objectives for all open order projects. PC is directly responsible for documenting, tracking and communicating work flow progress between overseas and domestic manufacturing and the Project management team. The PC owns the internal relationships throughout completion of each project including logistics for production shipments. Receives and inputs internal sales orders and reviews for accuracy against quotes. PC works in tandem with Project Directors to insure a data entry is correct and timely to complete the book for each order and meet the agreed upon delivery date. The Project Coordinator will interact with various departments securing direction to complete their portion of assigned tasks on all projects. PC provides daily and weekly updates to the Project Management team and VP of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PROJECT COORDINATOR:
· Manage strategic working relationships with Project Management team, logistics and Production teams.
· Enter Purchase orders for Hospitality/Contract Business
· Manage Workflow progress updating documentation at each status change
· Communicate changes in work flow to relevant team member
· Provide feedback to ensure timely Project completion
· Create production schedule based on receipt of materials to meet customer delivery date
· Track deliverables
· Lead quality assurance
· Coordinate with 3PL providers and production for timely container shipping and delivery.
· Track shipment status and communicate delays as needed
· Monitor and report on container shipment status to all departments
· Provide Container documentation to receiving team.
· Implement and manage changes to orders when necessary
· Evaluate & assess result of project by conducting a customer satisfaction survey after order has been shipped & received.
· Hospitality/Contract Experience
· Minimum 5-8 years' experience in furniture dealership, at least 3 years in Project Coordinator or Management role.
· Excellent software skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills Professional, diplomatic, proactive attitude
· Ability to multi-task self-directed with ability to manage one's own time and prioritize assignments
· Bachelor's Degree in relevant Field
W A L T E R S is an 80 year old company specializing in interior and exterior furniture for both the residential and the hospitality markets. Our strong commitment to detail, quality and customer service has helped us maintain our reputation in both markets.
We have always had a passion for wicker, rattan, bamboo, seagrass, water hyacinth, abaca rope and woven leather, but we remain committed to finding new and different materials to present to you. Our far ranging travels contribute to our extensive offerings fabricated with a wide variety of natural and sustainable rattan, fibers and woods. Our commitment to our clients is to avoid the use of the rare, and to aim for a unique look with readily available and renewable resources.
We are the US distributor for B&B Italia Outdoor, Manutti, Drucker, and BOX Furniture.
Role: Project Coordinator
Apply for this job now.