Company: SARGENT ELECTRIC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Sargent Electric Company (#removed#) - Consistently named one of the Top Fastest Growing Companies. Also, Awarded Safety recognition by Specialty Trades Insurance Company for the large company bracket and The Association of Union Constructors! Established in 1907, Sargent Electric Company has since evolved into one of the largest electrical contracting companies in the area, providing comprehensive services to our clients.
We are looking for a talented UTILITY FIELD ENGINEER in our Lewiston, Maine office. Must be willing to travel throughout New England, but primary assignment will be based out of our Saco, Maine office. This candidate will report directly to the NorthEast Operations Manager. Projects: High Voltage Electrical Transmission & Distribution, Substation.
- Construction monitoring tasks including interpretation of applicable construction drawings.
- Assist with the review of plans and specifications and prepare a checklist of contract features which require periodic attention and list items the sub-contractor must submit for approval prior to the start of the work.
- Assist with cost estimates as needed.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records.
- Assist with preparing statements of work, submittals, change management, and necessary daily and weekly reporting.
- Promote safety in construction operations and ensure compliance with safety requirements.
- Check progress of work in the field.
- Observe work in progress to ensure that procedures are followed and materials used conform to specifications.
- Assume any additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by Sargent Electrical Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works efficiently under tight timeframes, responds to requests in a timely manner, and communicates effectively as a team player.
- Understands the importance of being able to multi-task.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- A year of experience in a construction internship capacity.
- 3+ years' experience in Utility project experience.
Powered by JazzHR