Company: ALECTO RECRUITMENT LTD
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £45000 - £48000
Small Works Project/Delivery Manager - Defence Industry
£45,000 - £48,000
Alecto Recruitment is keen to hear from experienced Project and Facilities Managers in Knightsbridge or surrounding areas, with demonstrable experience in the management and supervision of staff in construction, property maintenance or a related field.
As a Small Works Delivery Project Manager, you will act as the stakeholder interface on site to the delivery of all contractual outputs and manage Supply Chain to ensure that all statutory, mandatory and reactive performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility.
This role is based at an MOD site in the area and therefore you will ideally have experience or a background in the defence sector.
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Asbestos Responsible Person.
- Support management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements including acting as a single point of contact (SPOC) to resolve end user issues.
- Understand operational priorities of the HoE, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the site team, monitor the safe working of Skilled Persons, and ensure all operatives follow the requirements for JSP 375.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- HNC, or equivalent, level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Management of the operational delivery of Estate Management tasks.
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs.
- Planning, directing and controlling activities.
- Management of Safe Systems of Work.
- Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work.
- Proactive performance management.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Previous FM experience.
- Ideally background in the defence sector or MOD.
To enquire for more information on this role please call or send your CV for consideration.