Our Primary branch at Teaching Personnel are currently working closely with a primary school in the St Austell area who are in need of temporary, full time teaching assistant to work with pupils who have Autism.
This is a fantastic opportunity for psychology graduates, youth workers, sports coaches, residential support workers and experienced individuals who are passionate about working in a primary school supporting children with additional needs.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking tasks set by the class teacher
- Supporting children within the class
- Building up rapport between yourself and the pupils
- Managing the classroom under the direction of the class teacher
- Supporting children with SEN including challenging behaviour
- Working with small groups of 1-2-1
- Working in collaboration with other professionals such as Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapists and other health care professionals.
To apply for this position, you will need:
- Recent experience of working in a mainstream classroom/or experience of working with children with special educational needs (SEN) in an educational setting
- A strong passion to enhance the development of pupils
- An approachable and positive attitude
- Hold relevant qualifications
- Ideally Team Teach Trained or other relevant training
- Be confident in working with small groups and 1:1
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or willing to apply for one
We have links with a number of primary schools who have requirements for both supply and long-term cover. This is a great opportunity for Teaching Assistants who are looking to further their professional skills and development or to try a different avenue. We can offer you knowledge and experience in a wide range of primary settings, which will enable you to further develop and enhance your career goals. In addition to this, your personal consultant is a specialist in this field and will be more than happy to pass on the “tricks of the trade” to ensure you reach your full potential.