Four Corners is a leading, Chicago-based hospitality group that owns and operates unique establishments, each thoughtfully created to offer an exceptional social experience, creative menus, and superior service. We started with a neighborhood bar in 2001 and have since grown to 12 venues across Chicago and are now growing nationally.
We are excited to announce that Federales, our open-air tequila and taco concept, will be bringing their energetic vibe from the Windy City to the Mile High City in Spring 2021. Reminiscent of road-side taco joints, they serve up everyone's favorite Mexican street food (and fun). Guests can enjoy a variety of wood-fired grilled meats that serve as the centerpiece of the lively, tongue-in-cheek take on a Mexican watering hole. The concept transforms from day-to-night with a fiesta vibe and an authentic drink menu complete with house-made margaritas.
Our restaurant is searching for a creative and motivated Sous Chef to expand their culinary skills and grow with us. In this position, you will act as the second in command in our kitchen to the Executive Chef. Our ideal candidate is a reliable and creative professional who will elevate and control food and labor cost, food preparation, menu development, and pricing and development of the culinary team. This person will be reporting to the Executive Chef.
- Successful culinary production operation under the direction of the Executive Chef
- Opportunity to serve as the kitchen head for culinary operations in the absences of Executive Chef
- Staying up to date on dining trends and new techniques
- Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards
- Manage areas of profit, stock, waste control, and training within the kitchen
- Assist with onboarding of BOH employees
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy and demanding environment while maintaining the highest standard of professionalism
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards
- Understand and manage local and government regulated food safety, risk prevention, fire prevention, hygiene practices, and emergency procedures to ensure the safety of all staff and guests
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work day, evening and weekend hours as business needs require
- At least 3+ years of Food and Beverage (F&B) industry and culinary experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices
- An effective communicator with a positive attitude and a team player mentality
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, timeliness, and results
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem-solving, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering, and inventory
Powered by JazzHR