$23.00 to $25.00 hourly
Robert Half Finance is actively looking for an experienced Accounting Clerk. This role requires you to match invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, perform data entry tasks and facilitate the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This position is a full-time role and is located in the The Woodlands, Texas area.
Our client a growing pipe distributor located in The Woodlands, TX is seeking an Accounting Clerk. The Accounting Clerk must have 2+ years experience working in an inventory accounting environment doing accounts payable, creating purchase orders, sales orders, and billing. This is a full time opportunity paying up to 24/HR plus benefits.
What you get to do every day
- Resolve discrepancies, and create correction documents if needed, by checking all possible sources of disagreement, recreating likely actions, and identifying the effect on other accounts
- Create statements and reports that require the use of a number of sources
- Complete other related duties and assist with special projects as needed
- File vendor invoices and disbursements and match & file A/P invoices to support accounts payable
- Add financial information to journals and ledgers
- Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, and help with collection of past due balance
- Use knowledge of expenditure codes and accounting codes to accurately code documents
- Handle general accounting tasks: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projectsJob Requirements:
- Ability to multitask and attention to detail are critical
- 2+ years of accounting experience required
- Foundational knowledge in billing
- Purchase Orders experience preferred
- Proficiency in Accounts Payable (AP)
- Solid understanding of Equipment Inventory
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Familiar with Spreadsheet and ERP system
- Data entry, document management, file creation and previous records experience required
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.