Director of Human Resources
Since 1989, Designs for Health has been the health care professional's trusted source for research-backed nutritional products of superior quality. By providing comprehensive support through our extensive product line, ongoing clinical education, and practice development programs, we are able to maximize the potential for successful health outcomes. Our wide array of value-added services not only set us apart, but indicate the depth of our commitment to our customers. We are a robust and rapidly growing company in an exciting industry, and the demand for strong, motivated and talented contributors is ongoing at Designs for Health.
We are looking for a dynamic Director of Human Resources to join our fast-paced and growing team. This position reports to the Managing Director.
Location: Palm Coast, FL
The Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall leadership, administration, and evaluation of the Human Resources function, including recruiting, onboarding and exiting, training and capability building, talent development, benefits administration, performance evaluations, coaching and discipline and worker’s compensation claims management. In addition, the Director of Human Resources acts as the HR business partner to senior leadership and provides strategic advice about the potential impact of business strategies and plans on employees, other personnel and Company culture.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in the development of business plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people and Company culture.
- Drives and enables culture initiatives across the Company.
- Develops the Company’s recruitment strategy and identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Provides strategic staffing advice to senior leadership and identifies and recruits talent for key roles and positions of responsibility.
- Develops, implements and oversees programs to allow the Company to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develops, implements and oversees high-quality onboarding and orientation programs for all employees, including tailored programs for key functions and leadership roles.
- Develops, implements and oversees compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for strong performance.
- Develops, implements and oversees effective programs for annual performance reviews, talent development and training, continuous feedback/coaching and disciplinary practices.
- Develops, implements and oversees policies and practices for separating employees from the Company.
- Develops, implements, standardizes and automates (where desirable) the Company’s HR policies, procedures and documentation.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of the Company’s HR programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the Company as an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Resolves or coaches managers to resolve employee relations issues and employee disputes.
- Oversees, manages and develops an appropriate structure for the HR function as the Company grows, and builds the capabilities of the HR team.
- Manages the budget and other financial and operational measures of the HR function.
- Manages worker’s compensation programs and claims, and creates programs that promote a safe and healthy workplace.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations related to employment and personnel matters, in partnership with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of Human Resource experience in a corporate setting.
- PHR/SPHR certification strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, presentation, analytical, and computer skills.
Benefits include fully-paid health insurance coverage for employees, a 401(k) plan and a monthly allowance for company products.
Designs for Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Designs for Health is an industry leading manufacturer and distributor of nutritional supplements offered exclusively to health care professionals and their patients through referral. Since 1989, Designs for Health has been the health care professionals' trusted source for research-backed nutritional products of superior quality and efficacy. Designs for Health provides comprehensive training, professional mentoring, field coaching and administrative support, all designed to promote the success of our Health Educators.
Role: Director of Human Resources
Location: Palm Coast,
Apply for this job now.