Company: ACENDA HEALTH JOBS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The therapist counsels individuals, families or groups in an outpatient setting located in Woodbury, NJ. The therapist develops and implements therapeutic treatment plans.
The ideal therapist is flexible, willing and able to provide ongoing counseling services to children, adults and families and complete intake appointments in an open access system model. The therapist must possess the skills necessary to work within a team and have awareness and previous implementation of evidence-based protocols. The position has a level of service in regard to face to face hours with clients. Candidates will be an integral part of the Counseling Center Team in helping to ensure the highest quality of service to our clients. Candidates may be part of the development of the Counseling Center processes and asked to represent the Counseling Center at Agency meetings.
The therapist position requires a masters degree and a professional license required (LCSW/LSW/LPC/LAC/LMFT/LAMFT) in the state of practice with no active sanctions.
Therapist Necessary Skills and Abilities
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- Assume an active role in agency events.
- Provides culturally competent service delivery.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.