When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to support survivors and first responders in communities all across the United States of America and its territories. Now FEMA looks to you, join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. We are seeking talented individuals who are eager to assist disaster survivors on an intermittent, on-call basis. FEMA Reservists are incident management responders, hired under the Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act. Reservists are a significant factor in the agency workforce in responding to disasters. Several ADR reservist positions are available in Washington, DC and San Juan, PR.
In this position, you will serve as the Agency’s Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) Advisor for all matters involving the use of ADR techniques in both internal and external disputes and for program decision-making and problem resolution processes.
Typical assignments as an Alternate Dispute Resolution Advisor include:
- Providing professional conflict prevention and resolution services to FEMA employees at disaster operations.
- Providing a wide range of informal non-EEO dispute prevention and intervention processes, including consulting, listening and problem solving with only one party, individual coaching, troubleshooting employee problems, interpersonal and work group conflict resolution, teambuilding, mediation, and conciliation.
- Providing meeting, group, and public participation facilitation, and facilitated discussions.
- Designing and delivering training for conflict resolution skill development, conflict prevention & intervention processes.
- Practicing ADR according to standards and principles required of the FEMA ADR Cadre and working collaboratively with HQ Cadre management and other ADR team members.
- Networking with field office leadership and staff to build rapport, assess dispute resolution needs, and represent the ADR Office in a manner that is at all times friendly, diplomatic, collaborative, and professional.
- Producing deliverables such as training materials, manuals, guidance, and documentation.
Federal Emergency Management Agency's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards.
Role: Alternate Dispute Resolution Advisor (DC and PR)
Apply for this job now.