As our new B2C copywriter, you’ll be responsible for writing customer-facing informational and advertising content for a variety of print and digital platforms. Your messages will reach consumers at every stage of the process, from the initial stages of information-gathering to following up after a sale. You will collaborate with a team to bring marketing strategies to life, create cohesive multi-channel campaigns, and above all, provide compelling content for diverse audiences.
Precoa has been one of the Oregonian’s Top Medium-Sized Workplaces for the last seven years. We have grown tremendously in that time, but are still a relatively small yet high-achieving marketing department where everyone wears a few hats. In addition to your primary duties as the B2C copywriter, you’ll contribute to copywriting or editing on projects for other audiences as well. If you’d describe yourself as someone who likes to help wherever you can—a copy chameleon with a helpful attitude—this may be a great fit for you.
Funeral pre-planning is an unusual industry, but we find meaning in the work that we do to help families prepare for one of the most difficult times in their lives. If you have experienced the loss of a loved one, or even helped plan a funeral, you may have a deeper appreciation for the burden that pre-planning helps alleviate. We’re setting out to change an industry, and we want to work with other people who are passionate about making a large-scale change in the way that people think and talk about funerals.
- Collaborate with other creatives, strategic associates, and stakeholders to create innovative and compelling copy strategies that will span multiple print and digital mediums.
- Informational, consumer-facing content, including e-books, postcards, articles, 1-page downloads, blog posts, etc.
- Digital advertising copy, including landing pages, Facebook ads, Google ads, banner ads, call to action buttons.
- Email content for both transactional and informational campaigns.
- Quick turnaround content for custom requests, typically postcard and other short-form advertisements.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of professional copywriting experience, especially persuasive, B2C marketing copy
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Accountability and self-motivation
- Excellent persuasive writing skills; able to adapt your professional writing style to fit the context
- Must be hard working, highly organized, flexible during peak workload, detail oriented
- Stellar collaborator with demonstrated experience working with diverse and remote teams
- Effective team player – demonstrated success working in a team oriented work environment
- Ability to research topics and effectively synthesize a variety of information sources
- Must have a passion for doing meaningful work as part of team
- Strong editing skills
- Professional experience writing to a senior audience strongly preferred, perhaps for an insurance or real estate company
- Funeral industry experience or experience in a similarly sensitive industry is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required – related field of study preferred
Precoa is a national sales and marketing company within the preneed insurance/funeral planning industry. We establish partnerships with premier market leading funeral homes and implement a lead generation and marketing system called Proactive Preneed. Our goal is to help as many families as possible prearrange and put in to place intentional plans to help their families begin to heal at the time of loss.
Role: B2C Copywriter
Apply for this job now.