Geon Technologies has an immediate need for a Software Engineer to work on high-level software system design and integrate signal processing capabilities in a software defined radio (SDR) framework using C++ and Python.
Responsibilities and Duties
The software developer will be responsible for:
- Developing and integrating signal processing capabilities in a software defined radio (SDR) framework.
- Performing high-level software system design for new features and systems prior to implementation.
- Working closely with the team(s) developing the SDR framework, trying out new features, proposing new features, identifying and troubleshooting bugs, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or comparable major.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing software in C++, including experience using debuggers such as GDB.
- Experience developing and/or integrating signal processing applications in an SDR framework
- Minimum 2 years developing software in Python
- Shell scripting experience
- Experience with automated software testing at various levels including unit tests, integration tests, and system tests.
- Familiarity with REDHAWK software defined radio framework or a similar framework such as GNU Radio
- Linux development experience including building and installing RPMs
- Experience with Continuous Integration including the use of GitLab CI and/or Jenkins
- Docker container experience
- Knowledge of RF front-end hardware
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
- Health insurance with HSA plan
- Fully paid dental and vision
- Long and short term disability insurance
- 401K with 10% company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off allowance
- Tuition assistance
- Credit hour banking
- And much more…
Geon Technologies is a rapidly growing small business that provides signal processing and sensor system integration services to the United States Government (USG) and the industry base that supports them. Geon seeks to be known for “ signals, sensors, and systems ”. Geon has expertise in the science and development of signal processing techniques and algorithm solutions for multi-INT applications. The signal processing and hardware focused sectors of Geon are supported by the work Geon conducts with open architectures, open frameworks, and open systems that facilitate the rapid development, integration, and deployment of techniques and capabilities to operational contexts.
Don’t be another butt in a seat. Come join a company that brings unique expertise and value to our customers.
Role: Software Engineer (C++ / Python)
Location: Annapolis Junction,
Apply for this job now.