Vee-Jay is a concrete contractor with a strong growth projection due to our ability to provide excellent service, superior workmanship, a culture of safety and extreme concern for our customers. We are looking for a Construction Coordinator to assist the Quality Department with the daily activities required to manage a wide array of commercial construction projects.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to;
· Assist with the preparation, distribution, tracking and filing of paperwork, including but not limited to project material submittals, LEED, warranties and project close-out documents
· Review estimator takeoff's to ensure scope of work matches proposal contract.
· Define scope of project, develop specific to materials; submit to GC/Owner.
· Communicate product approvals with Project Superintendents.
· Responsible for recordkeeping of all documentation within the department; creating dispatch tags and information per project.
· Responsible for logging information in the QC Tracking database, as needed.
· Assist with the development/refinement/implementation of process improvements
· Communicate submittal review comments from architects/engineer with PM's as they occur
· Crosstrain within department on all related tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
· Read/understand structural drawings and specifications as related to our work.
Education: High School diploma; prefer some College
Experience: (2) years of experience in construction-related industry
· Ability to pass pre-employment drug, alcohol and background requirements
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel) and ViewPoint
· Ability to learn new computer software programs
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Maintain normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities
Vee-Jay Cement Contracting Company is a building concrete contractor with offices in St Louis, MO and projects nationwide. Since 1958 Vee-Jay has built a solid reputation as one of the premier concrete contractors in the Midwest.
We have continued to grow by providing excellent service, superior workmanship, maintaining a culture of safety, and extreme concern for our customers.
Role: Construction Coordinator
Location: Saint Louis,
Apply for this job now.