Class Teacher (with possible leadership) - Competitive Salary + Benefits –Croydon
Are you an experienced, dedicated and talented teaching professional who can demonstrate leadership skills and model outstanding classroom practice? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are an inclusive Hindu Faith School based in Croydon, looking to appoint an experienced and competent Class Teacher to our thriving school. The successful candidate will work with our principal and will receive excellent support from colleagues in all aspects of your professional development. You will be warmly greeted by our pupils and parents alike and our beautiful grounds and location provide excellent stimulus for a rich and vibrant curriculum.
The key responsibilities of a Class Teacherbut are not limited to:
- To assist the principal in shaping a vision and direction for the school, setting out very high expectations and with a clear focus on achievement
- To play a significant role in setting aims and objectives for the school and in formulating the School Improvement Plan along with the principal, governors and other senior staff.
- To inspire, motivate and influence staff and students, taking a leading role in maintaining the highest standards of teaching, learning and pupil behaviour management.
- To teach pupils within the school and carry out such other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by the Headteacher.
- To take a leading role in improving the involvement of parents, carers and the community in the life of the school.
- Support the Headteacher in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- To attend daily and weekly meetings, in accordance with school policy and to lead such meetings as required.
- To prepare and present reports, as required to SSC, the Trust, LA officers, parents or outside agencies.
- To attend occasional meetings during evening hours or in school holidays, as required.
- To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard to and in compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
- Taking appropriate action to identify, analyse, minimise and manage any risks to health, safety and security in the working environment and off-site school activities.
- Covering classes, within the framework of the school’s cover arrangements, where a teacher is absent, providing cover information for other teachers in the event of known and foreseen absence(s).
Krishna Avanti Primary School Croydon is an inclusive Hindu faith school that provides a warm, friendly and engaging learning environment for children from all backgrounds and walks of life. This school is part of the Avanti Schools Trust. Our family of schools, work together to constantly strive to improve our service to the pupils, parents, and others in the school community.
Avanti’s first school opened in 2008, and since then, we now have 12 schools which includes secondary, primary and all through. All schools in the Avanti Schools Trust prepare pupils for their respective life-journeys by promoting educational excellence, character formation and spiritual insight.
- ALL teachers possess new brand-new MacBook Air laptops for planning and delivering lessons.
- Opportunity for CPD via NPQ programmes led by the Ambition Institute. The NPQs focus on what educators need to know and be able to do. The qualifications equip teachers with expertise to lead sustainable improvement across their schools.
- Extended Christmas break - 3 weeks and an extended October half-term break of 2 weeks.
The key skills and qualities of a Class Teacher:
- The ability to lead and manage the school team effectively and efficiently and work with other professionals and agencies
- Communication skills, oral, written and presentational
- The ability to deliver well planned, organised and innovative lessons
- The ability to lead, model and manage positive behaviour, good order and assertive discipline in the school
- Displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Relevant (to be agreed) subject/area (s) and/or curriculum expertise
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Has up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the protection of, children and young people
- Successful teaching experience, including in middle management position(s) or a successful Fast Track progression route
Pre-employment checksAvanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and InclusionWe want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience to join Krishna Avanti Primary School as a Class Teacher, then please click the apply now button to find out more.