The Sourcing & Logistics Specialist position is a global position instrumental in supporting the sourcing agreement and transactional work for sites in North America and Puerto Rico. This position has numerous varied and complex tasks which must be handled efficiently and effectively to ensure that client, supplier, and buyer needs are met and is the primary interface regarding all matters related to inquiries, purchase orders, invoicing, sourcing documents and any other client service related items in the handling of Sourcing transactional work. This must be accomplished in a way that shows the highest regard for Clients core values. Some of the key job responsibilities include:
• As buyer of record, develop procurement strategies in conjunction with the businesses and/or commodity team CTQs.
• Responsible for preparing, negotiating, managing and coordinating agreements supporting the procurement of various materials and services.
o Buyer of record with execution authority up to $100,000,
o Points of negotiation may include, but not limited to: terms and conditions, lump sums, labor rates, mark-ups, and terms of payment, and
o Create white paper agreements.
• Research and analysis is needed to understand labor/market rates for services to enable better negotiations. Ensures competitive pricing by suppliers versus industry trends and market place dynamics.
• May evaluate and select suppliers in terms of quality, service, cost and capability using the 'lowest touch' processes possible.
• Analyze orders to ensure correct T's & C's are used for the work being performed. As buyer of record, may use authority to waive and/or deviate from boiler plate T's & C's housed in Clients library during the negotiation process with suppliers
• Scrutinize proposals from suppliers for unnecessary charges and mark-ups
• May work independently to set up auctions for buyers. In addition, may serve as a resource and some times, subject matter expert to the buyer for knowledge and skill around setting up auctions.
• Adopt a systematic approach to monitoring agreements such that they do not expire. Upon expiration, make the decision and/or work with the buyer to address whether the agreement will be extended, canceled or recreated.
• Serve as a resource to new buyers regarding BRRP and S&L policies and procedures.
• After negotiations are complete by buyer, independently lead and handle all end-to-end processes. This includes setting up agreements appropriately, ensuring the correct T's & C's were used by buyer and raising questions/concerns if any found, obtaining authorizations, executing the agreement by getting appropriate signatures, and implementing agreements.
• Network with key resources to establish rules where they do not exist due to creative negotiations by the buyer.
• Collaborate with supply chain and/or contract administrators to ensure agreements are
implemented at the site level.
• Serve as key contact to handle day-to-day needs of the sites and suppliers, as well as use discretionary judgment to resolve issues that may arise in the absence of the buyer.
• Use discretionary judgment to independently assess workload to set priority and make adjustments. This involves close interaction and integration with various businesses and functions to ensure uninterrupted supply in the receipt of goods and services, and ultimately in providing outstanding client, supplier and buyer satisfaction.
• Lead & make decisions based upon supply/demand need for their respective commodity, mostly without the buyer being involved.
• Respond to critical delivery issues and use discretionary judgment to resolve issues in a prompt manner.
• Seek out alternate supply options in the case where material is allocated or unavailable.
• Resolve quality, service, supply, and invoicing issues with suppliers. Interface with both internal clients and external suppliers to resolve issues without leadership direction.
• Initiate, develop, facilitate and/or implement process improvements specific to service centers, commodities, and/or sites. This includes DPS TRACC improvement project team participation and implementation.
• Create standard operating procedures and training documents to facilitate training both within
WSC and in the other global service centers.
• Participate on global teams to drive standardization across global service centers.
• Candidates must have strong customer service skills, be client focused and possess very strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with the varying tasks and demands in this role.
• Strong communication skills, embraces and adapts to change, flexible and has a positive attitude.
• Candidates must possess strong computer (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Lotus Notes) capability
and procurement systems (DSAP, NEXUS, SAP, eZSource) experience.
• Candidates must possess the ability to listen as well as communicate information in a clear, courteous, concise and logical manner.
• Good decision making, problem solving and analytical skills are needed as is the initiative and ability to follow through with attention to detail.
• Candidates must be solution focused, able to recognize the problem and works to develop a solution.
• Skilled at standardizing and simplifying processes to enable consistency in work practices
across the center.
• Strong organizational skills to manage the heavy workload in this position and works well under pressure.
• Candidates must be able to work independently, requiring minimal supervision and possess strong time management skills, and have the ability to set priorities and deliver against their yearly COTS.
• Being a strong team player who is helps to create a positive environment and jumps in to
help team members without being asked. This is essential to the overall success of the service center.
• As a key connect between clients, suppliers and buyers, candidates must exhibit a high
degree of professionalism and tact.
• Has experience in more than one buy category.
Key Core Competencies:
• Build sustainable customer relationships
• Communicating with Impact
• Embracing Change
• Analysis and Judgment
• Managing for Productivity
• Business Acumen
Role: Sourcing and Logistics Specialist
Apply for this job now.