MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUTE TO BIRMINGHAM TWICE A WEEK
Reporting into the Head of Data and Analytics, this Principal role focuses on customer project delivery and strategic and tactical direction of the Data and Analytics teams. They will be responsible for up to 4 consultants and for the technical project delivery as well as supporting pre-sales to ensure the business pipeline remains healthy.
- Responsible for delivering projects to meet development standards and customer requirements
- Provide technical input at meetings, workshops, conference calls and discussion forums to support existing projects or potential opportunities.
- Act as Technical Lead analysing client requirements, including designing system architecture, designing and documenting solutions and working with the Project Manager and Testing Lead to provide estimates for projects.
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports through the use of good people practices (such as PDPs, 1-2-1s, appropriate training, mentoring and communications) to ensure high employee satisfaction, trust and engagement and levels of expertise and ensure effective succession planning.
- Follow specifications, write source code and configure software in order to develop solutions in line with project documentation.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams including Project Managers, Designers, System Analysts, Testing and Business Development Managers to shape customer engagements in line with the project process and ensure seamless delivery.
- Responsible for delivering assigned solutions by coaching and developing a small team of Senior Consultants, Consultants and Placement Consultants to ensure adherence to D&A team strategy and principles.
- Build relationships with stakeholders within customer organisations in order to gain their assistance and win their confidence in development projects
- Complete project tasks according to timelines and estimates agreed with PMO to deliver successful projects within agreed time and budget
Knowledge,Skills and Experience
- Advanced technical skills and experience including at least 3 of the following :
- Data Governance
- Data Strategy
- Data Modelling
- Data Integration
- Data Lakes
- Data Warehousing
- Machine Learning
- Adoption and Training
- Managing and executing development tasks
- Managing source code
- People Management experience in the context of software development projects
- Awareness of both traditional Agile Development Methodologies
- Experience of working with Project Management
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of mediums at all levels
- Cultivate an awareness of emerging trends and new technologies in data analytics and reporting
- People Management skills - ability to lead, develop, coach, motivate and handle conflict
- Sound business acumen - commercial awareness
- Agile and flexible in approach with a keen eye for detail.
Relevant Microsoft Certification
Key Relationships & Interaction
- Has strong leadership skills to achieve project objectives with responsibility for direct and indirect reports within the team.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal teams to coordinate successful outcomes.
- The role holder has an interest and passion for software design and a desire to keep up to date with the latest technologies and critique and share your findings.