Big Blue Marble Academy ("BBMA") is actively seeking a bilingual preschool teacher for our Spanish immersion class!
We are searching for a fluent world language teacher that will lead the children through the adventures of our Passport to Language curriculum via songs, music, and games. We provide training, materials and lesson plans with our curriculum. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter, bring a positive attitude, have strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in an energetic team environment.
Language Program Implementation: Engage our students of all age groups through the adventures of our Passport to Language curriculum. Through the use of songs, drama, games, and other interactive material, you will create a positive and fun learning environment for children of all ages.
Communication: Communicate clearly and appropriately with children, directors, peers, and parents. Create written communication for parents as directed by the Language/Curriculum Program Director. Connect, respect, and guide children in the discovery of world language.
An Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion for culture and language.
- Has previous experience teaching language to children in a group setting.
- Enjoys interacting with diverse groups of people.
- $300 sign-on bonus after 60 days of employment
- Competitive hourly rates
- Training, materials, and lesson plans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Must pass background checks
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified
- Fluent in Spanish & English
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children's needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child's level, sitting on the floor and rising from the floor, and standing for long periods of time.
- Experience working with children in groups
- Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of ages, including younger children
- Must be willing and able to travel within a predetermined territory when safely permitted.
About BBMA's Passport to Language:
Our unique curriculum emphasizes global citizenship, character development, and world languages.
Our immersion classes are delivered to children in a lively, encouraging learning environment. Our dynamic classes incorporate original music, dance, games, storytelling and more to keep kids immersed and engaged in the target language. Our teachers are dedicated to supporting our brand and mission of providing a global education for children of all ages.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of our background check, pre-hire screenings, and onboarding processes. All employment is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.
BBMA is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.