Up to 32.5 hours per week
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a healthcare assistant for Cornwall Care, you'll be working in our Trengrouse Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
There's something about Trengrouse. It's a feeling, an atmosphere. And the homely touches. Our clients, their families and our staff are a tightly bonded group.
Life here is vibrant and a little bit noisy - we specialise in providing nursing care for those with complex dementia and some mental health needs. The open plan layout, with multiple lounges opening to a central patio, allows such freedom to express and explore, resulting in increased communication and a certain sense of calm.
What you'll do:
- Assist and enable a client with their personal care needs
- Assist and enable a client with eating and drinking
- Follow, regularly keep up-to-date and understand the person's plan of care and risk assessments.
- Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
- Develop relationships with each person in your care
What you'll need:
- At Level 1, you need no professional qualifications.
- At Level 2, you will have a Diploma (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Communication skills
What you'll receive:
- Our hourly rates are broken down as below
- Level 1 - £8.95 (day shifts) £9.95 (night shifts)
- Level 2 - £9.10 (day shifts) £10.10 (night shifts)
- You'll also receive improved rates for weekend working and every other weekend off.
- You'll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you're looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We have HCA Levels 1-4, and being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you access to free courses and qualifications - from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster!
*Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination or valid medical exemption is required*