WHO WE ARE?
PURE Business Group was created to provide a unique, innovative and collaborative solution, to the Civil Litigation legal sector. Founded in early 2015 by Phil Hodgkinson and bringing thirty years' experience within the insurance and legal sector, the group now employs in excess of 450 staff in four UK locations and continues to grow year on year.
PURE Legal Limited is one of our ABS Law Firms within PURE Business Group. Within our Law Firms we employ almost 200 staff, including Administrators, Legal Executives, Fee Earners and Solicitors. Their role is to handle each individual customer's case to conclusion, as efficiently as possible to instigate and conclude court proceedings as necessary.
We are seeking an experienced Litigator / Solicitor to assist in a thriving, resilient and varied practice dealing with complex civil litigation in our Undisclosed Commissions team within our office in Liverpool.
The ideal candidate should have strong post Solicitor qualification, or a wealth of vocational experience in civil litigation and will be required to handle all aspects of their cases from the pre-action stage up to and including appeals, if required. Successful Litigator / Solicitor candidates will be proactive in developing and following appropriate dynamic litigation strategies both alone and as part of a team.
- Managing a complex financial litigation caseload from inception to conclusion;
- Complex financial litigation on behalf of private individuals pursuing lenders in relation to secret commission claims
- Multi-faceted legal issues demanding attention to detail and commitment to absorb evolving subject matter
- Claims involving issues of unfairness, contract and restitution, pursued under the Consumer Credit Legislation and Professional Negligence Protocol
- Detailed analysis of documentary and expert evidence and application of appropriate legal principles
- Development of fast paced dynamic litigation strategies
- In depth knowledge of multi-track litigation
- Knowledge sharing - consistent development of team and individuals within it
- Open and collegiate approach to working with other teams and business areas
- Commitment to customer focus and rounded approach to claim resolution
- High level of personal responsibility required to understand and apply both universal and specific strategies
- Practical approach to problem solving and liaison with opponents
- Focus on quality in every aspect of role
- Investment of time to become a subject matter expert in your litigation practice area;
- Providing technical and litigation mentoring and guidance to fee earners and legal assistants within the team;
- Creating initial case plans by assessing client instructions and analysing available documentation at the outset of a case to determine suitable litigation strategies;
- Proactive consideration of cases at all stages to ensure litigation strategies are always current and appropriate, depending on the issues involved;
- Liaising with clients in order to prepare statements and to obtain documentary evidence to allow full and proper analysis of case prospects.
- Providing clients with appropriate and practical advice at all stages of the litigation;
- Preparation of documents to include correspondence, pleadings and witness statements;
- Conducting advocacy and attending court hearings both in person and by telephone;
- Co-ordinating case strategy and settlement conferences with external counsel, where required;
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls;
- Ensuring clients are fully updated by email, letter or telephone providing up to date, ad