Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods and designing solutions to fit manufacturing needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- No less than 50% of time spent on production floor in hands on root cause analysis of manufacturing equipment designing and implementing ways to improve equipment up time.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by utilizing lean manufacturing principles; analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating preventive maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Lead projects as assigned by management to include; design and development; determining required resources; leading executing; data analysis to ensure results are aligned with project specifications.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Strong ability to multi-task by executing and overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
- CAD, Proficiency in SolidWorks strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years hands on experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Lean Training and/or Six Sigma experience/certifications highly desired
- Highly experienced at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Project Management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Engineering Field
- Hands on Mechanical Engineering Skills
- Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership and Supervision
- Hardware Specifications
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Manufacturing Quality and Product Development
- Presenting Technical Information,
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications
Founded in 1964, Kari-Out Company prides itself on being built up from the ground floor with an entrepreneurial attitude towards the growing food service industry. After gaining a strong position in our condiment lines, the company has expanded to include virtually all areas of the food service industry. Today, Kari-Out Company employs over 400 people and has locations throughout the country. Kari-Out Company is also proud to have received the American Institute of Bakers highest standard of quality, Superior, in regards to our manufacturing processes.
As Kari-Out Company moves into the future, we are confident that our strong staff, high quality products, good relations with our suppliers, and our commitment to our customers will ensure long term success for us as well as our customers and suppliers.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Apply for this job now.