COMPANY: MANDARIN ORIENTAL LONDON
JOB TYPE: Permanent , Full Time
Set in bustling Knightsbridge, the award-winning Bar Boulud, London is a French inspired bistro and wine bar under the direction of acclaimed Chef Daniel Boulud, which follows the successful format of& Bar Boulud
& in New York. A full menu is based on seasonal, rustic French cooking, including various signature dishes and charcuterie specially prepared onsite by a world class Charcutier.We are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic& JuniorSommelier, with a great passion for beverages and willing to deliver an exceptional service to our guests to create a memorable experience.Bar Boulud is recognised to have one the best wine list in UK, with a strong focus on Burgundy and Rhone but also featuring the best wines round the world.The Junior Sommelier will be reporting to our Head Sommelier, and will be part of a team of Sommeliers and Bartenders ensuring the best standards of service are delivered to our guests.As a Junior Sommelier, you''ll learn from some of the best in the industry; people who have walked these corridors for a great many years. Were looking for those who''ll be able to embody five-star service and our oriental origins: graceful movements, a humble calm, a true focus on the guest.
But humility can live side-by-side with ambition: we encourage anyone who serves our guests to look to their next opportunity. Currently, many of our F&B Heads of Department have been promoted from within. And because our elegant style of service is so translatable to other roles and regions, there are plenty of opportunities to spend time in our thirty-two other locations, too.
The Junior Sommelier will be responsible for the following duties:
- Excellent knowledge of all food and beverage items served in Bar Boulud.
- To ensure service and Back of House areas are kept clean at all times and work will be conducted according to our Health and Safety standards.
- To perform monthly inventories in the absence of the Sommelier to ensure appropriate stocking of cellar.
- To oversee the ordering and receiving of beverages before the end of shift so as to provide the correct level of stock in the absence of the sommelier.
- To ensure that the wine list and wines by the glass suggestions are consistently updated.
- To ensure that ice bucket stands are kept clean and in order.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by your manager.
- To recognise guests and update their profiles and preferences.
- To be able to work independently on the restaurant floor, abiding to the company's standards, in the absence of the Head Sommelier or Asst Head Sommelier.
- To strive and go the extra mile, in order to delight our guests.
- To be trustworthy and maintain the company and service's standards when occasionally working on your own.
- To have sufficient written English skills in order to supply administrative daily reports and handovers to senior management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous similar position (at least 2 years) or ready to take the next step from Commis Sommelier
- WSET level 3 or similar domestic recognition
We offer our our colleagues world class benefits including, but not limited to:
- Complimentary hotels stays across the group
- Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Team member discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. See descriptionRole: Junior Sommelier Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.