Company: PINPOINT RESOURCING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
A highly profitable retail business in Central London are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant with experience of producing statutory accounts independently, to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an incredibly exciting company that is constantly evolving and looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about developing their career.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Accountant will be to work on monthly reporting, statutory requirements (UK GAAP) and audit across various regions. This position will be reporting into the Finance Director.
The duties for this role are:
Statutory, Tax & Accounting compliance
- Complete understanding of UK GAAP and tax obligations to ensure all statutory tax and accounting obligations are met
- Responsible for all tax computations (including instalment payments, CT61's and CT600's)
- Prepare monthly VAT returns, instrastat, EC sales lists, withholding tax and corporation tax, in accordance with customs and excise legislation
Financial Reporting and ownership of accounts (P&L and balance sheet)
- Manage and close month end accounts
- Produce monthly financial reporting and other financial information (excluding treasury)
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts to the agreed timetable
- Communicate with the finance team to ensure accurate reporting
- Communicate and implement relevant accounting policies and ensure adequate accounting controls and processes are in place
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts in accordance with legislation
- Preparation of annual audit file and relevant documentation
- Liaise with auditors in all countries the business operates in
- Monthly sales invoicing and corporate distributors report
- Communicate with distributors for sales, payments, customs duties and tax matters
- Manage payments means such as direct debit, credit card and debt collector
- Sales follow up and reconciliations liaising with team at head office
The candidate we are looking for:
- Qualified Accountant (or QBE)
- 2-5 years relevant experience in statutory accounting (manufacturing, wholesale, retail as opposed to service based businesses)
- Quick thinking and good decision maker
- Problem solver, someone who shows initiative to achieve desired results
- Proficient in Excel and accounting packages
- Someone who is confident in taking sole responsibility for their duties, but works well as part of a team.
Due to the high volume of applications we may not be able to respond to everyone, but will endeavour to respond to as many applicants as possible.