Are you an experienced Technical Manager with a proven track record of success in the food industry?
Are you self-motivated, with a can-do attitude, and a keen eye for detail?
Are you looking for a new challenge / the next step in your career?
This could be the role that you have been looking for…
We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join the team at this leading manufacturer at their modern, purpose built, site in Carmarthenshire.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, the post holder will be responsible for developing and implementing the technical systems that ensure product quality, safety, and legality (at, and above, the standards required by customers and enforcement agencies). The Technical Manager will be a key member of the site Senior Management team.
- Maintain and improve the Quality System to ensure Food Safety and Legal Compliance
- Lead the delivery of the Quality Proposition and Quality Plan across the department
- Coordinate HACCP across all departments
- Provide Technical Monitoring and auditing
- Ensure that team structure is communicated with clear roles and responsibilities - playing a role in recruitment, induction, and training
- Lead audits, ensuring that business critical audits are supported by the entire team. Monitor and audit compliance as well as driving lean principles in achieving compliance
- Lead the hygiene teams to deliver effective hygiene operations, achieving agreed standards and driving lean principles for Continuous Improvement
- Ensure appropriate intake checks are completed on all products, ingredients, and packaging.
- Arrange Supplier performance reviews with Purchasing. Visit Suppliers as required
- Ensure that both internal and external audit schedules are maintained, and audits are completed. Communicate audit corrective actions plans and ensure non-conformances are signed off within agreed time scales
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and that all requirements are understood by the team
- Liaison with external legal enforcement agencies
- Lead the site Health, Safety & Environment functions.
- Play a client facing role with customers.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Proven Track record operating as a Technical Manager
- Experience of working within a high-volume food environment
- Experience of working with major retailers
- In-depth HACCP knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & Environmental issues
- The ability to negotiate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing a team
- Computer literate
- An understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude, be energised by challenging, measurable goals and have the drive, enthusiasm and initiative to achieve results.
They will have a logical systematic approach, conscientious with an eye for detail.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary (commensurate with skills and experience) and excellent additional benefits.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
This role may be suitable for you if you have a background as any of the following: Technical Manager, Technical Director, Group Technical Manager, Quality Manager, Head of Technical, QA Manager