Company: ZANDRA'S TAQUERIA
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Voted Best Mexican Restaurant in Northern Virginia in 2017 and 2018 by Virginia Living Magazine, Zandra's Taqueria is a Mexican restaurant offering handcrafted, gourmet tacos made with fresh, local ingredients. A lively atmosphere is complemented by live music on the weekend. Founded in 2014, Zandra's has two locations in Old Town Manassas and City of Fairfax and is known for its community involvement, which includes hosting annual clothing drive benefiting Northern Virginia Family Services/SERVE.
Zandra's Taqueria is always looking for experienced individuals to join our high-energy, dynamic, dedicated, and professional team!
Zandra's Taqueria offers competitive wages, career growth, a festive work environment and more!
Summary of Position
As a bartender, you must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A guest's dinner and/or bar experience should be equally enjoyable, and you play a major role in the overall picture. You should be organized, able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Display integrity and honesty in all aspects of your employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through your actions.
- Understand and follow all ABC regulations in order to maintain a safe atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to ABC Company's standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for guests of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with Zandra'sstandards.
- Wash and sterilize stemware.
- Be attentive! Offer your assistance before the guests have to ask for it.
- Count drinks Guests are served.
- Place current bar tabs in front of Guests at all times.
- Anticipate your guest's needs. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, looking directly at you, etc.), and acknowledge the guest so they know you will be right with them.
- Learn your guests' names, occupations, and favorite drinks.
- Responsible service of alcohol. Should a guest reach the state you do not feel they should drive, we will supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Other duties as directed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and be a problem solver.
- Ability to reach, bend, stop and frequently lift up 25 lbs. without assistance and 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Work in a hot and noisy environment.
- Must have high integrity and solid work ethic.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expected to work long hours during peak periods, evenings, and weekends.
- Having or obtaining a food handler's and/or alcohol certification may be required.
- Must have bartender / front of house experience.
Compensation Package: Zandra's Taqueria offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include medical and dental insurance along with workplace balance and dining privileges.
Zandra's Taqueria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.