The Crew Tech is responsible for the outdoor maintenance of the grounds. This position will be taken the highest amount of pride in ensuring the grounds, lawns and irrigation systems are to the highest standards. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mows, cuts and maintains the lawns across all areas of the Club grounds.
- Trims trees and removes cuttings.
- Collects and empties litter cans.
- Cleans gutters, drains and culverts.
- Waters, cuts, de-weeds and trims back bushes and lawns.
- Rakes up fallen leaves and debris.
- Performs light irrigation work as needed to maintain water cycles for the grounds.
- Safely operates equipment such as mowers and pluggers used for various course maintenance needs.
- Ensures equipment logs, including fluid (gas and oil) are being tracked and refilled as necessary.
- Properly inspects, cleans and reports any machinery/equipment problems to supervisor.
- Maintains a clean, neat, professional appearance, observing personal cleanliness rules at all times.
- Fulfills all other duties as assigned by the Golf Superintendent and traditionally completed by a Crew Tech in a private Club.
- One to two years experience working in gardening/lawn maintenance and care for a private Club is preferred.
- Familiarity using equipment such as: mowers, blowers, pluggers and tree trimmers.
- Must be professional, friendly, and have the ability to multitask and take initiative in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Previous experience working with irrigation systems is ideal.
- Good verbal skills necessary for effective communication with both members and staff.
- Display a sense of urgency, strong attention to detail and a desire to get things done right the first time.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Required to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch, twist, and or reach throughout an 8-10 hour shift.
- Able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Able to work with lawn care chemicals using the required PPE equipment.
- Able to work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
- Able to withstand outdoor temperatures for long periods of time.
Private country club
Role: Crew Tech
Location: Palm Beach,
Apply for this job now.