We are seeking a passionate accountant who enjoys being a hands-on manager to manager our Accounting Department. The manager is responsible for reviewing the work of property accountants, accounts payable and accounts receivable and ensures compliance with the procedures and strategies developed to ensure consistent, effective management of the department.
· Ensures adherence to the financial strategies enacted for the business.
· Responsible for complying and analyzing data necessary to measure compliance with lender financial covenants, i.e. quarterly debt coverage ratios.
· Assist in evaluating weekly / monthly / annual strategies to address shopping center cash requirements.
· Responsible for maintenance and reporting of current cash positions for all Tri-Land Properties cash accounts. Prepare weekly cash status report. This also includes reviewing the cash summary report twice a week and presenting it for discussion.
· Responsible for the preparation and recording of all wire transfers for corporate and shopping center accounts maintained by Tri-Land Properties.
· Manage the construction draw process, internal approval and external processing with the lender and title company.
· Responsible for integration of newly acquired properties into our business software.
· Oversee the tracking and reporting costs for new acquisitions and equity raises.
· Review and approve property accounting financial reports including; work papers, monthly financial statements, investor pro formas for compliance, tenant reconciliations (CAM, RET, Insurance) and property operating budgets
· Responsible for the content, control and preparation of the corporate general ledger including the monthly closing process and preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including sub schedules.
· Point person for communication of year-end financial statements and work papers to outside tax accountants. Facilitates exchange of information and passes questions from the external tax accountants to the appropriate property accountant. Ensures all financials, work papers, questions are provided/answered in a timely fashion to enable timely distribution of investor K-1 schedules.
· Preparation and maintenance of corporate audit work papers.
· Handles all TIF / CID reporting, tracking for shopping centers that have a TIF and / or CID. This includes monthly reporting of sales and tax data to local municipalities. Understand how TIF / CID works and process for disgorging funds.
· Responsible for the preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements of the parent holding company including preparation of eliminating journal entries.
· Timely preparation of bank reconciliations for all corporate accounts maintained by Tri-Land Properties, Inc.
· Preparation and periodic updating of annual corporate budget including supporting income and expense schedules.
· Responsible for managing and supervising the accounts receivable clerk and function. This includes maintenance of the current corporate accounts receivable file, and verification of the process of receipts to the corporation on a timey basis. Invoicing construction management and leasing fees.
· Responsible for managing and supervising the accounts payable clerk and function. This process includes review of original source documentation, reviewing of A/P vouchers prepared by A/P clerk.
· Responsible for managing and supervising payroll clerk and function (outside payroll services) including the subsequent billing of payroll costs to the shopping center.
· Assist with the maintenance of the accounting procedures manual for each position.
· Maintain accounting calendar on a monthly and annual basis.
· Preparation and review of annual insurance policy renewal spreadsheets.
· Provide support to lease administration for tenant issues as they arise.
· Develop initial estimates for operating expenses to the leasing department annually and provide up-dates as necessary.
· Additional projects as assigned.
Process / Systems /Talent
· Manage the implementation and usage of the MRI software.
· Manage accounting employees, including recruiting, hiring, evaluating, training, and terminating.
· Analyze and up-date accounting procedures to increase efficiencies.
· Develop goals and objectives for each direct report and conduct reviews.
· Degree in accounting; or similar, CPA preferred.
· 3+ years of public accounting experience.
· Real estate experience.
· Five to eight years of experience.
· Proven ability to effectively manage and develop people.
Established in 1978, Tri-Land is a Chicago-based owner/operator with a deep history of value-added redevelopment, best known for its high-quality repositioning of existing underperforming retail shopping centers. The real estate strategy focuses on necessity-based assets (grocery/drug anchored), in infill locations in major Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast markets. The Company has an established, vertically-integrated platform, with a full complement of real estate operating capabilities.
The Company’s core strategy is to reposition outdated shopping centers located in fully built out metropolitan areas, taking advantage of management’s unique in-depth understanding of the grocery business and its proprietary relationships with senior decision-makers within that industry. The Company has completed over $481 million in redevelopment, ranging between 70,000 square feet to 600,000 square feet.
Role: Accounting Manager
Apply for this job now.