Our established product supply client is looking for a strong co-ordinator to work within their Purchasing and Sales dealing with a very broad range of products, with an extensive supplier base, so the work load and content will be varied and a keen eye for detail is required. On average you will purchase between 150-250 products per day to fulfil an average of 110-130 sales orders per day. Salary £23,000 to £27,000 negotiable according to knowledge - 40 hour week Monday to Friday. Must be car owner/driver due to rural location. 21 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidayse
It is a busy, automatous role that involves extensive inter-departmental communication to succeed.
The role requires extensive analytical skills and is heavily focused on Excel and the ERP system, so confidence within IT is paramount.
There will be frequent communication with suppliers and customers and you will need prompt answers, so confidence communicating via both telephone and email; stressing the urgency for the need of data is required.
Whilst the role will require sole responsibility for this aspect of the business, support is available from multiple departments. It will therefore be a job that can be shaped for the individual to develop in a way they see would work to co-ordinate with the other teams and departments
Main responsibilities and duties of the post:
• Working with Purchasing Manager/Buyer in a collaborative manner to ensure the wider team are aware of the status of orders and expected delivery times.
• Chasing suppliers daily to update ETA fields for each order line.
• Working with internal account managers to advise when product delays occur and work together to find solutions
• Cleansing sales orders where issues are spotted and feeding back to sales team to correct
• Chasing for supplier POD's when required.
• Provide product and market ideas/feedback to management
• Reporting any consistent supplier shortfalls in lead time promises to purchasing manager to action
• liaising with the warehouse to rectify any delivery discrepancies and find resolutions along with safeguarding from repetition.