Fresenius Medical Care is the world’s leading innovator in kidney care and the largest provider of dialysis products and services. The Fresenius mission is to deliver superior care that improves the quality of every patient, every day and setting the standards for others in the healthcare industry.
Fresenius Travel Nurse Program:
As part of the Fresenius Travel Nurse program, you’ll have a unique opportunity to build your career in a flexible, autonomous environment. Working with new and different people and personalities, and with physicians and nurses from various facilities, will make each day an exciting challenge. Through it all, you’ll make a profound difference in the lives of patients affected by kidney disease. Come join a leader in Dialysis, where assignments are ongoing, as we have over 2,200 clinics and numerous acute facility programs, so travel with us can be continuous.
The Fresenius Medical Care Healthcare Recruitment registered nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The RN is responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care of patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. The RN collaborates with other healthcare professionals to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care. The RN provides care as a temporary employee and understands that travel away from his or her home state may be required for employment, or continues employment with Fresenius Medical Care Healthcare Recruitment.
Job Knowledge / Responsibilities:
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including but not limited to administering medications and treatments in compliance with the physicians orders and applicable hospital policy, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other healthcare providers, and provide education to patients and / or significant others (while in compliance with HIPPA).
- The RN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients of all age groups. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principals of growth and development through the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status, and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients needs in relation to age.
- Must document / chart observations and other data related to the clinical condition of the patient. Must properly and accurately chart observations and activities related to patient care.
- Communicates report to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with hospital policy.
- 13 week assignment/36 hours guaranteed
- Variety of settings
- Acute or Chronic care positions
- Pay is $28-36/hour for standard travel assignments (may be higher for special projects or disaster zone work)
- Tax-free housing and meal stipends
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Growth Opportunity
Position Education / Qualifications:
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Licensure appropriate to the state RN is working in and the appropriate certifications to the position and facility
- Minimum 1 year (2,000 hours) of recent Dialysis experience in a hospital setting
- Proficient oral and written skills
- Current CPR certification
- Annual Physical
- Two professional references from current / former supervisors
- Citizen of the U.S. or proof of ability to work in the U.S.
- Flexibility to travel to any location within the U.S.
- Ability to pass a background and drug screen
The individual may be required to pull up or reposition patients, lift supplies, place equipment on supports, push bed or chair through facility. The individual must be able to bend over to perform certain duties, the individual must be able to maneuver throughout the facility in response to any facility emergency. Interpretation of environmental input requires visual and auditory skills. In the event there is a need to evacuate the building, heavy lifting of the patients may be required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
For consideration, please email an updated copy of your resume.
Fresenius Medical Care North America is the premier health care company focused on delivering the highest quality care to people with renal and other chronic conditions.
There’s nothing more rewarding than making a genuine connection. At Fresenius Medical Care North America, life is a series of opportunities to do just that. To create special bonds with patients and their families through caring treatment, guidance and comfort. To be part of a culture built on trust, commitment and the highest of patient outcomes. And to connect with collaborative teammates, supportive management, innovative technologies and ongoing educational support that will empower you to become the very best in the field, whatever your area of expertise. Join the FMCNA team and you’ll have access to all of the tools, resources and encouragement needed to build a rewarding career that offers fulfillment, recognition and the opportunity for continuous growth.
To deliver superior care that improves the quality of life of every patient, every day, setting the standard by which others in the health care industry are judged.
Vision and strategy:
To be the trusted provider and valued partner by building the premier integrated renal disease network, expanding into a leading integrated chronic care network.
Fresenius Medical Care is a people business. Our success depends on having the best and brightest employees, and helping them attain their personal and professional goals while delivering excellence in patient care and business results. Our employees embody our culture which is based on six core values supporting our promise to improve the quality of life of every patient, every day
Role: Dialysis Travel Registered Nurse
Apply for this job now.