My client is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join their growing digital products development team. They are in the process of building out a development group who will be responsible for supporting their fast-growing digital products business and the Software Engineer will be a key member tasked with building a key platform that will be used to deliver content to a multitude of targets.
This role offers the opportunity for an engineer to act as a key pivot in a fast moving, exciting venture within a motivated and energetic broader engineering team. The primary focus of the team will be to provide a great, consistent media consumption experience throughout multiple devices and formats.
This role sits within an existing team, integrated in a broader, talented engineering group.
You are someone who:
- Has 3 + years of Experience building distributed systems using Java based tools (Spring, Akka, DropWizard)
- Hands on experience with an in-use production environment
- Direct experience working with AWS tools and services
- Experience in designing end-to-end solutions from business requirements, including designing the infrastructure and service structure, integration points across the broader platform and a vision for longer term scalability and maintainability
- Experience with microservices at scale
- Passion for the work they do and a proactive demand for context for the product they work on
- Has experience with Video streaming protocols is desirable
- Has experience with Video encoding is desirable
- Is comfortable taking on DevOps when needed - knowledge of Ansible is a plus
- Has experience with Scala or is wants to learn it
- Has leveraged Cloud Services to develop High Scale and High Availability system - experience with AWS is a plus
- Is flexible and very autonomous - has the ability to deal with ambiguity and trade offs
- Believes in the value of design elegance - where simple solution is often better than a complex one
Role: Java Software Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.