About Firestone Building Products:
Firestone Building Products (FSBP) provides commercial building performance for the U.S. and global markets. FSBP has more than 2,000 global teammates working at 25 locations throughout the world to serve our customers and sell our products in more than 70 countries. We all share the common goal of providing customers with outstanding service, support, and warranty expertise. With innovative products such as UltraPly TPO self-adhering roofing membranes, SecureBond technology, CoreGard waterproofing technology, and Gaco waterproofing, we offer solutions for every system, building, and budget.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for performing laboratory tests at the FSBP Global Technology Center (GTC). An experienced incumbent must continue to learn skill sets within and potentially outside their immediate work area and require limited supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this position could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follow safety rules and regulations (SOP, PPE, etc.)
- Follows work standards
- Revises work standards as needed
- Use equipment/technology as trained
- Complete work considering priority and turnaround goals
- Qualified in multiple areas of the lab and mastery of some skills in at least one area of the lab
- Communicates with internal customers
- Notifies supervisor of issues with work standards
- Reports results the internal customers
- Identify operation, quality, and technology issues and report them to their supervisor
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Minimum: high school diploma; two-year college degree preferred
- Four years of related work experience is required; two years of related work experience is required with a two-year college degree.
- Experience in Lean Culture is preferred.
- This position requires some heavy lifting and physical activity, including building of roof systems for testing purposes.
- This position requires the use of equipment such as forklifts, overhead cranes, etc.
- This job may require occasional overnight travel and outdoor hands on field work.
All activities associated with installing a wall system or roofing systems are required. This includes using power tools, lifting heavy materials and working solo when required.
This position has no direct reports.
Firestone Building Products is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.Job Posted by ApplicantPro