Student Experience Officer (SEO)
Salary: £18000-22,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
About the Company:
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, workforce education and student recruitment.
University Partnerships Europe is a division of Navitas operating Higher Education colleges which provide quality educational programmes and excellent student support in an environment that encourages students to achieve the best possible results in their studies. Our European Colleges offer a range of Foundation and 1st Year degree programme elements and postgraduate Masters Preliminary programmes in a wide range of degree pathways. Our Colleges are typically based on the campus of the Partner University and operate as Associate or Affiliate Colleges of the Partner University.
About the Student Experience Officer Role:
Due to significant growth in student recruitment the University of Northampton International College (UNIC) is looking for a Student Experience Officer to support our students through their studies at UNIC and onward progression to the University of Northampton.
The Student Experience Officer (SEO) is a critical member of the college team in the administration of the key aspects of the student life cycle. The SEO will assist in the implementation and delivery of effective college services including: enrolment and orientation; teaching and learning processes and delivery; student assessment and exams; student data processing; welfare support student enrichment and enhancement; maintenance and review of academic and student records; student communication, fees and debt collection and related finance systems and processes alongside conversion support at key times during the recruitment cycle. The SEO will support all policies and regulations as they relate to the student environment, ensuring each student has the appropriate academic programme and support in place that will enable students to perform to the best of their ability.
The role requires a high energy, self-starter who can use their initiative and be an active and productive member of a small cross-functional team.
Student Experience Officer Requirements:
- University level qualifications or at least two (2) years' experience in a relevant industry and/or have equivalent qualifications and/or professional experience
- Experience of working in a customer services/education front of house service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills with a variety of cultural and ethnic stakeholder groups
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills
- Computer literacy skills inclusive of demonstrated competence with the Microsoft Office suite
- Comfortable with spreadsheets, data analysis and numbers
- File management and administrative skills
- Be able to prioritise duties, and seek clarification and guidance from manager when faced with competing priorities
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of equal opportunity, equity and workplace health and safety principles and ability to implement them at the strategic and/or operational level
- Possess a “can do” mentality
- Shine when under pressure
- Proactive work habits
- Proven ability as a 'team player'
- Proven ability to organise own workload and to cope with a variety of task demands
- Flexible attitude to work including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in support of student and administrative activities