COMPANY: VENN GROUP LEGAL LONDON
JOB TYPE: Contract, FullTime
SALARY: £35 - 40 per hour
Adult Social Care Lawyer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a locum Adult Social Care Lawyer to join a large London based local authority for an initial period of three months. This is likely to be extended following a review of work.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide responsive specialist legal advice in relation to a range of adult social care matters to include, but not limited to:
- Provide advice to the client department in respect of their obligations under the Care Act 2014
- Advise on the Council's responsibilities to persons who have no recourse to public funds
- Deal with matters arising under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and conduct Court of Protection cases
- Advise on the Council's responsibilities under the Mental Health Act 1983
- Deal with both threats of and extant Judicial Review proceedings
- Undertake advocacy at the Court of Protection and County Court
- Children's Judicial Review work
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 + years' experience in local government
- Knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation and guidance
- Knowledge of the interface between adult social care and NHS duties, including continuing health care
- Knowledge of the Coronavirus Act 2020
The role can offer a competitive hourly rate and due to current circumstances the interview process will be held via Zoom and subsequently the successful candidate will be working remotely.
Due to the high number of applicants for this role, if you do not hear back from us regarding this locum opportunity within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this locum position or other legal positions, then please contact Suborna Akthar or Jade Gorrod on 020 7557 7667 or email #removed#
Role: Senior Adult Social Care Lawyer
Job Type: Contract, FullTime
Apply for this job now.