Company: MARRIOTT HOTELS - NORTH WEST, SOUTH WEST & WALES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: Competitive hourly rates of pay, leisure facilities membership, free meals whilst on duty & a global
Kitchen Porter - Lancashire Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Preston Marriott Hotel, Garstang Road, Preston, LANCASHIRE, United Kingdom Schedule
Start Your Journey With Us
An exciting opportunity to start your career journey with Marriott Hotels. Come and join our Kitchen team at the four star Preston Marriott Hotels and develop your career while providing a professional and energetic service to our members and hotel guests.
The Preston Marriott Hotel is a grand Victorian manor house which sits in landscaped gardens and exudes charm and warmth from the moment you arrive. It's situated just off the M6 motorway on the outskirts of the city and it easily accessible by car and it is also on a main public transport route.
Preston Marriott is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our Brew Bar and Cast Iron Bar and Grill Restaurant. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities. Preston Marriott Hotel has fully equipped fitness centre and swimming pool.
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Empty and maintain bins.
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments.
- Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
- Follow instruction as per Executive Head Chef and Sous Chefs.
Perks you deserve
- Team-spirited co-workers
- Encouraging management
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Meals on duty
- Generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Scheme to help guide you through the challenging times in your life.
- Recommend a Friend
- Length of Service Recognition.
- Life Assurance Cover.
- Access to the fantastic Marriott UK Benefits Site where you can take advantage of great discounts including, travel, cycle to work, shopping discounts at over 60 major UK retailers and so much more
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.