Digital innovation is reshaping the insurance industry - We're making it happen. Charles Taylor InsureTech was established to help insurance businesses drive change through the delivery of technology enabled solutions. We don't have a one-size-fits-all approach or prescriptive methodology. We work consultatively with our clients to revitalise their operations, reinvent established processes and implement future-ready solutions that deliver measurable benefit and improve data-driven decision making.
Charles Taylor is a global provider of professional services and technology solutions dedicated to enabling the global insurance market to do its business fundamentally better. Dating back to 1884, Charles Taylor now is currently in more than 120 locations spread across 30 countries in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
Charles Taylor believes that it holds a distinctive position in its markets in that it is able to provide professional services and technology solutions in order to support every stage of the insurance lifecycle and every aspect of the insurance operating model. Charles Taylor serves a diversified blue-chip international customer base that includes national and international insurance companies, mutuals, captives, MGAs, Lloyd's syndicates and reinsurers, along with brokers, distributors and corporate insureds.
Charles Taylor has three distinct business areas - Claims Services, InsureTech and Insurance Management.
Charles Taylor was recently acquired by an investment company managed and controlled by Lovell Minnick Partners LLC. Lovell Minnick is a US Private Equity firm that invests in the global financial services industry, including related technology and business services companies, with a focus on helping to build long term value for clients, employees and shareholders. The acquisition will support the continuation of Charles Taylor's successful growth strategy, with a focus on expanding client relationships, broadening specialist capabilities and the range of services and technology solutions, deepening geographic coverage, and reinvesting in quality of service and technology.
For more information, please visit #removed#
Charles Taylor InsureTech is looking for a Database Administrator with at least 5 years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
The SQL Server DBA, as part of the Infrastructure Database Support Team, will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our client applications. The DBA will also be responsible for supporting development and test teams ensuring timely project delivery. The role covers a broad range of SQL Server features and cooperation with many different people and teams. It therefore requires solid technical and critical thinking skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Configure and maintain the global estate of SQL Server instances to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Design, implement and maintain database backup and HADR solutions
- Performance tuning, both to resolve production issues and to assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Automate database support activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve production incidents
- Support development, test and project teams in fulfilling project commitments
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support deployment activities both during and after hours
- Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Cli