Are you interested in joining a company that continually reinvests in its employees, local community, and a leader in protecting the ecology? Interstate Packaging a state of the art flexible printing and packaging manufacturer is looking for a Purchasing Agent.
This position serves as the primary contact for external suppliers and internal customers and is responsible for making judgment and discretionary decisions that affect the operation of the organization.
- Effectively communicates those judgments and decisions to the suppliers and internal customers.
- A working technical knowledge of the product to negotiate the best price, highest quality, and service for the Company is a plus but technical training for the right candidate is a consideration.
- Responsible for controlling inventory levels of product needed for production and scheduling demands.
- Candidate must have five years of prior purchasing experience.
- Excellent computer skills
Interstate Packaging offers a family friendly work environment offering competitive wages and a great benefit package for all eligible employees.
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Excellent Company match on 401 (k)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation, personal time and holidays
- Relocation Package
Interstate Packaging is a privately-held custom flexible packaging, label, and converting company. We are known throughout the industry as having high end printing and state of the art technology. We are situated on an environmentally friendly 25 acre national arboretum campus just outside of Nashville, TN. Interstate Packaging's greatest asset is the two hundred plus experienced and skilled professionals that contribute to the success of the company. Founded in 1969 Interstate Packaging remains a family owned company offering a highly competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including a fantastic Company 401k match.
Role: Purchasing Agent
Apply for this job now.