Senior Property Loss Adjuster - Charles Taylor General Adjusting Services - London/ South Oxford - Competitive Salary & Package
Charles Taylor Adjusting is one of the leading international loss adjusting businesses. We focus on commercial losses and claims in the aviation, energy, marine, property, casualty and special risk markets, many of which are large and complex in nature. These include onshore and offshore energy claims, maritime casualties, aircraft losses, large infrastructure claims and financial lines losses.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Property Loss Adjuster to join us, ideally in the South Oxford area however, for the right person location is flexible. Although the role will be attached to either of our offices in London or Birmingham, we operate flexible working which can entail homeworking as well as office based.
Our team handles a caseload from cradle to grave including typical activities for a Loss Adjuster - negotiating settlements, site inspections, report writing and responding to bespoke client requests.
The type of work is highly varied, including commercial property, structural warranty, subsidence and household across a range of different risks. The type of work within a caseload can, to a degree, be tailored to suit the experience of the successful candidate.
This is a technical role with no operational or management responsibilities, aside from supporting the team as appropriate.
- Investigate, manage and report on a caseload of Property claims
- The type of caseload shall vary according to business needs, but current work is predominantly “cradle to grave” requiring management of all aspects of claims, including liaising with clients/brokers/policyholders, policy liability investigations and quantum negotiations including management of contractors and suppliers
- Achieve fee earning through associated targets
- Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change
- The ideal candidate will have demonstratable experience as a Loss Adjuster with Property expertise
- Professional Insurance / Loss Adjusting / Surveying qualifications are desirable, but not essential e.g. ACII or ACILA
- You will be the type of person that enjoys working autonomously and is driven to achieve success both from an individual and a team perspective
- You will be able to demonstrate exemplary communication skills - both verbal and written
- You will be task focused and highly organised
Why Join Charles Taylor?
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charles Taylor as a place to work. We pride ourselves on having a positive work environment where our people are empowered to make the best decisions and where learning is valued highly and shared across our business.
We are very committed to ensuring our people are given continuous learning and development. As well as structured induction programmes and job training, we provide study support for relevant professional qualifications and have a Core Learning & Development Curriculum.
Charles Taylor is a fun and inclusive place to work where people are truly valued and encouraged to enjoy a host of social and sporting activities available. Quiz nights, tennis tournaments, football matches and a range of other events take place throughout the year