POSITION SUMMARY (Summary of specific tasks)
Operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts. Loads parts in machine, cycle machines, detect malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Run production lots, communicate with co-workers and/or supervisor regarding production runs, and maintains safe, organized and clean work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position).
- Demonstrate safety at all times to include; follow all safety rules and procedures using machine tools, shears, hydraulic presses, saw gauges, milling lathes, abrasive machines, cut off saws and tools, drill presses, automated and manually operated equipment. Perform inspection on machines as needed
- Use proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required
- Responsible for proper maintenance on machine center
- Locate, identify and select controls, switches, dials, levers, buttons, guards, stops and operating/controlling devices of all types related to machine tools
- Identify and/or interpret mechanical hardware found in the machine shop, common detail drawings, various steel rules, and a variety of gauging devices
- Responsible for working with Planners and Machine Shop Managers to produce parts according to due date of the work-order
- Responsible for making sure the tools required for the next work-order are in place, minimizing down time
- Monitoring set-up and run time to make sure the correct time is recorded on the routing
- Responsible for recording and notifying Planner and/or Machine Shop Manager when a work-order is not provided with a part
- Responsible for suggesting ways to improve the process, which could result in, cost savings.
- ISO 9001-2008 Requirements
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE (The minimal acceptable level of education, experience, and certifications necessary for employment).
- High school or technical school education, or equivalent, with mathematics emphasis or minimum three years experience as a machinist in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3-4 years factory experience
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (The physical attributes employees must have in order to perform job duties; unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. The special requirements include other duties, knowledge, skills and abilities that do not have a logical place in the job description).
- Physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
- Use of safety glasses and steel toed shoes required
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and customers
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS (The training requirements include company, ISO and OSHA requirements up to and including federal, state and local laws pertinent to job)
- General Safety (annually)
- Personal Protective Equipment-PPE (as needed)
- Hazardous Communication (annually)
- Quality System Awareness (annually)
- Forklift Training (optional)
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable
**CALL US NOW TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW, 913-248-3259**
Building Success. Building Hope.
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees.
Founded in 1983, Express today employs 400,000 people across nearly 700 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal is at the heart of our company's vision, to help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, and there are full-time, part-time, and temporary positions available. And, as one of the leading staffing agencies in North America, Express provides employment services and workforce solutions to employers throughout our community. Contact us today to get started on finding the right fit for you.
Role: CNC Machine Operator in KANSAS CITY, KS
Location: Kansas City,
Apply for this job now.