Under the direction of a pharmacist, the prepack technician performs pharmacy-related functions, in compliance with department policies and procedures that provide optimal pharmaceutical care.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General duties including filing, general tidying and cleaning of work area and general maintenance of equipment and materials
- Non-sterile prepacking of bulk medication bottles into unit-dose blisters.
- Preparation of equipment, labels and prepack log cards
- Prepack quality functions including stock level audits, expiry date checking and prepack log cards maintenance
- Assist other pharmacy technicians
- Provide assistance in areas appointed by direct supervisor
- Overtime, holidays and weekends may be required and/or expected
- Complies with departmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code
- Process Measures:
- Meets/exceeds productivity benchmarks for pre-packaging
- Outcome Measures:
- Minimizes potential for QA by checking for accuracy
- Properly prepares all medications and documents all work as directed
- Attention to detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
There is no supervisory responsibility for this position
This position operates in a long-term care facility. This role may use standard office and/or pharmacy equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, rolling carts, fax machines and etc. A large portion of work shall be performed in the long-term care facility where the noise may be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawl intermittently
- May be necessary to work extended hours as needed
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The is no travel expected for this position
Education and Experience
- High school degree or GED is required
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experience with MS Office, Word and Excel
Behind every script there is a patient. And behind every thriving healthcare facility there is a seamless pharmacy experience. At PharmScript, we are healthcare professionals first. Through precision, persistence and innovation, we seek to earn the trust of providers, residents, patients, and their loved ones every day, with every delivery.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Serving as a long-term care pharmacy is not just about delivering prescriptions it is about providing high quality support and services to our clients, so that they can focus on caring for the patients who need these medications.
As a leading pharmacy provider to long-term care and post-acute care facilities, PharmScript partners with healthcare organizations across nine states. We provide medication and support needed to help our clients deliver patient-centered care to thousands of residents and patients.
Role: Pre-Pack Technician
Location: East Berlin,
Apply for this job now.